Jennette McCurdy said that Nickelodeon offered her $300,000 in “hush money” in her brand-new memoir. McCurdy claimed that in return, she was required to keep her opinions about her time at the network to herself. The celebrity claimed that she “quickly and instinctively” declined the offer. Morning Brew is read by more than 3 million people; you should too! According to Jennette McCurdy, Nickelodeon offered her $300,000 in “hush money” if she promised to keep her experiences at the network a secret.

SHARE

In her upcoming memoir, “ I’m Glad My Mom Died, ,” which will be published on Tuesday, McCurdy discussed her experience portraying Sam Puckett in “iCarly” and the spin-off series “Sam and Cat.”

The actress described being on a conference call with her managers, agents, and lawyers to discuss the cancellation of “Sam and Cat,” which also starred Ariana Grande as Cat Valentine, in an excerpt that was released by Vanity Fair on Friday.

The actress, who claimed to have had a bad time on filming, remembers being relieved when the play came to a conclusion.

McCurdy said in her autobiography that she received a “thank-you present” from Nickelodeon.

One management allegedly informed McCurdy, “They’re giving you $300,000 and the only thing they want you to do is never talk publicly about your experience at Nickelodeon.”

The request to keep quiet about her experiences that were “particularly tied to The Creator,” according to McCurdy, was rejected “immediately and instinctively.”
“This is not a free gift. This seems like hush money to me “At the time, McCurdy remarked.

“Why the hell not? I’m being paid $300,000 in hush money by Nickelodeon to keep quiet about my experience on the show.” Written by McCurdy in her book. “My personal encounter with abuse from The Creator? This network features kid-friendly programming. They ought to have some kind of moral compass, right? Shouldn’t they at least make an effort to adhere to some form of moral code?”

Although McCurdy didn’t mention The Creator by name in her book, it’s possible that she was alluding to Dan Schneider, who is credited with creating a number of popular Nickelodeon programs, including “iCarly,” “Sam and Cat,” “All That,” “The Amanda Show,” “Drake and Josh,” and “Victorious.”

In a recent conversation with the Washington Post, McCurdy said that she thought the ambiguous name “was funny.” ,
I knew there was so much tension there, so I wanted some laughter around it,” she remarked.
McCurdy claimed earlier in the passage that The Creator encouraged her to take alcohol while she was underage in order to give her “an advantage.”

The actor also claimed that she felt uncomfortable after receiving an uninvited back rub. She wanted to tell him to stop, but McCurdy said that she was “so afraid of offending him.”

Additionally, McCurdy remembered The Creator being “in problems with the network for claims of his emotional abuse.”
She stated, “I feel like it’s been long overdue and should have happened much sooner.”

The Creator, according to McCurdy, was punished to the extent that he was “no longer allowed to be on set with any actors.” He had to take notes, which were given to the cast and crew by an assistant director, while sitting “in a little cave-like chamber off to the side of the soundstage,” according to her.

The allegations made against Schneider in the past are comparable to McCurdy’s recollections in her book.

There have been “many allegations of abusive behavior towards Schneider made by employees of his staff,” according to TV producers departed Nickelodeon in 2018 and Deadline .

In an interview with the New York Times in 2021, Schneider justified his actions.

The magazine claimed that Nickelodeon’s parent company, ViacomCBS, looked into the matter before he left. The New York Times reports that although there was no evidence of sexual wrongdoing, those who worked with him perceived him as verbally aggressive.

By stating that he has “high standards” and is “quite eager to defend creative ideas that I believe in,” Schneider justified his management style.

In response to claims that he engaged in improper behavior with the show’s stars, he told the New York Times, “I couldn’t, and I wouldn’t have the lifelong friendships and unwavering support of so many respected people, if I’d mistreated my actors of any age, especially minors.

Requests for response from Insider were not immediately answered by Schneider or Nickelodeon representatives.

POPULAR POSTS

SHARE